MiX PBS (Asset Tracking)
For many large companies, across all industries, keeping track of moveable assets is a daunting task. Items like generators, storage tanks, work lights and pumps get deployed and redeployed, sometimes across multiple sites and in remote locations.
Unlike trucks and other vehicles, these assets are also often without dedicated power sources, making the automatic tracking of their whereabouts even less likely – resulting in potential loss or theft. Introducing MiX Tabs, an innovative and cost-effective way for customers to locate their assets by leveraging their existing fleet of vehicles as a communications network.
MiX Tabs Features:
- The beacons used to tag assets are light and easy to install, meaning a quick and effortless installation process. The unit itself, combined with being reliant on existing infrastructure, makes the offering affordable and accessible.
- All beacons are self-powered, with battery lives of up to three years. MiX Tabs is thus the ideal solution for any asset not connected to its own power source.
- When connectivity is non-existent, an asset’s position will still be captured and buffered until the vehicle it reports to regains connectivity. This means that assets in remote locations, without connectivity, will still have their position information reported by MiX Tabs.
- Asset data can be put to good use for generating location, movement and utilisation reports. Site or asset managers can assess how often assets are moved and to where, helping to identify utilisation patterns.
- Because each beacon’s ID will contain a unique company portion, a company’s vehicles will only report on its own assets, and not those of other companies in the vicinity. In the same way, other companies will never be able to detect assets that are not their own.
For more information on MiX Tabs click here.